UNO Basketball
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2015 :  10:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made the trip up to Vermillion last night for the Summit League opener against South Dakota.

It was a heck of a comeback on the road by the mavs who were down by 12 at halftime and played most of the game without Devin Patterson.

A good 25-40 students made the trip as well and they managed to be consistently louder than the roughly 1,000 USD fans that were there. I even had a USD fan ask me after the game if they could "borrow" our student section. Ha.

There is nothing like going on the road and seeing your fans take over an opposing building and then ultimately watching their fans file out disappointed.

Also, at least we don't have our sports like hockey and basketball in a facility like the Dakota Dome. I know USD is working on a new building for basketball, but I've never seen a more empty sterile environment for basketball that is conducive to having a visiting fanbase come in and take it over.

Hellenistic Kshatriya
Senior Mav

1034 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2015 :  10:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish they weren't playing men's and women's home/away at the same time this year for the South Dakota games because I love making the short trip up there. Glad to hear there was a good contingent. The growth of the student fans has me excited. Something this team has deserved for a long long time and never could get very many to turn up and support.

That new building will be a big big difference maker for them.

Welcome to the Qwest Center, please leave all signs with references to Johnson or body parts at the door.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2017 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000