Jersey on EBay
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjuram
New Recruit

10 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  10:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping someone here can help solve a riddle for me... Several years ago I bought a 2006-2007 game worn Scott Parse 10th anniversary jersey from a UNO Blue Line Club auction (the Saturday home game jersey with the old bull head). I was surprised the other day to see the very same jersey posted on EBay. I still have possession of the jersey I received from the BLC, and after an email exchange with the EBay seller, I was (rudely) told there were "2-3 sets of this jersey made and used in games."

I find the "multiple sets" theory somewhat hard to believe (or something the BLC should have mentioned), as the jersey was only worn one night each homestand. Anyone have any other details/thoughts about this? If nothing else, I wanted to let UNO people know that the jersey online is not the original one sold by the UNO BLC. Thanks for any help.

admin
U!N!O!

10851 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  1:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recall hearing that the athletic department had "multiples" for certain players.

We were on the Blue Line Club Board of Directors when they auctioned those jerseys.

It's been so long ago that I can't recall any additional details. The equipment manager is ultimately in charge of jersey purchases.

The BLC also sold "generic" versions of those jerseys at the same time, so you'd have to be careful that you weren't buying counterfeit.
Go to Top of Page

Bad Man Jose
Clubber Lang's Punching Bag

Luxembourg
1487 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  2:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As the owner of one of those auctioned sweaters, I too would have liked the BLC to disclose that there were more of the same sweater that could surface later (if that is indeed the case). I am happy with the money that I gave the BLC for it and don't feel cheated. I did think I was getting a one of a kind item, though mine may be one of a kind anyway.

I can see the frustration as the Parse sweater went for a ton of money (well over $1000 IIRC)

---------------
2014 MavPuck NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge Champion
Go to Top of Page

MavBridget
The Girl Wonder

France
6427 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  2:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought those were unique, but my memory is terrible.

The person who would know is Mark Pane, UNO's equipment manager.

His contact info:
Mark Pane, Equipment Manager - Hockey
402-554-2307
mpane@unomaha.edu

Let us know what you find out!

===========================================================================
quote:
"People like Jon and Bridget epitomize what it means to be a fan. Come hell or high water, they're going to be there, and they've really invested a lot of themselves into this program." -- Mike Kemp, Omaha World-Herald, March 16, 2009
Go to Top of Page

NoClu
Senior Mav

Equatorial Guinea
1724 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2014 :  9:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was on the board at that time, but just starting. Unfortunately, I don't remember the auction you mention, or anything about multiple editions (particularly game worn of the same type).

I did win a Parse Jersey at the Jersey Raffle. Barb, do you remember the year? We were at the Civic for the game. As I remember that raffle brought in more money than the previous "winning" raffle when a Dan Ellis jersey was in the mix. (I really wish they could leave the name plates on them still). :(

@joelemperes
Zanon isn't growing a beard. Apparently when throwing your body in front of and blocking several 90mph pucks, your face sweats hair.
Go to Top of Page

mjuram
New Recruit

10 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  08:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for everyone's comments. I received confirmation yesterday that the jerseys sold by the BLC were all original, game worn jerseys. I also learned that only the Parse jersey had a duplicate set created/used. Not sure why this is the case, although I guess if you make two, you're able to auction two (makes sense, right?!). Anyway, I would have found that information valuable at the time, but it's always nice to learn more facts about what jerseys exist out there and what I actually have.

I'm a UNO jersey geek, so if anyone ever wants to discuss the wonderful world of jerseys just let me know!
Go to Top of Page

admin
U!N!O!

10851 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  09:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad that you received confirmation.

Like I said, I recalled there being multiples. Because they wore the jerseys all season, it stood to reason that they could rotate Parse jerseys.

I can't remember if I knew there were multiple Parse jerseys before the auction, or not. I can tell you for sure there was only one of each jersey for the auction on eBay because Bridget and I took pictures and helped the board setup the bid pages. The jersey you have was the only one auctioned on eBay, and the only one I have ever seen available to the public (until now). I haven't been to all of the various fundraiser events, so I don't know if any others popped up.

I'd imagine Parse's on-ice scoring prowess prompted multiple jerseys (not just the anniversary design, but the others, too) because they thought there might be a revenue opportunity.

Near as I can tell, that was the LAST time UNO auctioned any player jersey with a "name plate" still on it. These days, they either create jerseys without names, or remove the plates due to NCAA regulations.
Go to Top of Page

Bad Man Jose

Luxembourg
1487 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  10:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin
Near as I can tell, that was the LAST time UNO auctioned any player jersey with a "name plate" still on it. These days, they either create jerseys without names, or remove the plates due to NCAA regulations.

Stupid Fairbanks

---------------
Go to Top of Page

Bad Man Jose

Luxembourg
1487 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2014 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by admin

I'd imagine Parse's on-ice scoring prowess prompted multiple jerseys (not just the anniversary design, but the others, too) because they thought there might be a revenue opportunity.

They may have created one when he became a Hobey finalist so they could keep him "clean" for photo ops

---------------
Go to Top of Page

mjuram
New Recruit

10 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  7:33:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of jerseys on eBay, I just posted one tonight. Check it out if you're in to that kind of thing! I'm going to list 3 or 4 jerseys on eBay over the next few weeks.
Go to Top of Page

MavBridget
The Girl Wonder

France
6427 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  2:36:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can post a link on here, mjuram....
Go to Top of Page

SecretAgentMav
Hobey Baker Nominee, 2004

Congo, Democratic Republic of
7928 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  6:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MavBridget

I thought those were unique, but my memory is terrible.

The person who would know is Mark Pane, UNO's equipment manager.

His contact info:
Mark Pane, Equipment Manager - Hockey
402-554-2307
mpane@unomaha.edu

Let us know what you find out!

Oh, God... you posted his name on this site -- has he threatened to sue you, yet?

...Last night I had the strangest dream...
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Senior Mav

Uzbekistan
1694 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  06:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this on ebay today for those interested::

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SCOTT-PARSE-Manchester-Monarchs-GAME-WORN-Hockey-Jersey-Sz-56-Los-Angeles-Kings/222728590038?hash=item33dba892d6:g:oDQAAOSwY~1aFNxP

Quinn

Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Senior Mav

Uzbekistan
1694 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  10:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
another Jersey for those interested: looks to be from the 2001-2002 season.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Signed-Game-Used-Nebraska-Omaha-CCHA-Hockey-Jersey-58-stitched-Fight-Strap/173170915929?hash=item2851ca7a59:g:7-kAAOSwIk9ajQi4

Quinn

Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Senior Mav

Uzbekistan
1694 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2018 :  12:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this one has been on ebay for quite some time if anyone wants to add an older home white to their collection:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2002-CCHA-UNIVERSITY-OF-NEBRASKA-OMAHA-GAME-WORN-NICK-FOHR-HOCKEY-JERSEY/332571250700?hash=item4d6eca900c:g:i7IAAOSwo4pYJ68f

Quinn

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2017 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000