Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  6:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If any of you are planning a trip to hell this week....

Be sure to bring a Parka.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.huskerh8er.com (and don't forget to visit www.zebrahead.com/news)
Go to Top of Page

UNOMav
Aiming for #1

British Indian Ocean Territories
963 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  7:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WVU and someone else will be in the NC game, but the best team is in the SEC. That conference is absolutely brutal week in week out. The best team in the Big 12 or Big 10 would be lucky to have a .500 conference record in the SEC. I think about 4 or 5 teams in the SEC could win the Big 12 or Big 10 championship.

Still aiming for #1.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  7:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing makes me happier than for somebody to say that.

Why?

Because everybody in their right mind knows that the last thing you want to do to ANY MIssouri team is make them favorites. They've been underdogs almost all year long, as people wait for the other shoe to drop.

Having Kansas go 11-0 and take the heat was the best thing that could have ever happened to that team.

By the way..the SEC is BRUTALLY overrated. Alabama lost to LOUISIANA MONROE...AT HOME. Tennessee is inconsistant...Georgia is good but up and down...Florida is a one man show who can't win on the road...Arkansas decides to play when they want...and if I'm not mistaken...Missouri went on the road to an SEC school...and rolled them.

But that's fine...I'm glad others feel that way.

PS - I didn't even mention overrated LSU and their crappy defense that has given up 28+ in 4 of their last 5.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go to Top of Page

UNOMav
Aiming for #1

963 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  9:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't get too excited about Missouri's win over Ole' Miss. Everyone in the SEC has beat them too. Mississippi would probably be .500 team in the Big 12.

Still aiming for #1.
Go to Top of Page

LAKingsFan
Freshman Mav

114 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible that Kansas backs into the BCS Championship game without being a conference champion like Nebraska did about six years ago? In the unlikely event that Georgia, Missouri, and West Virginia lose next weekend, that would possibly move Kansas to #2. Or is there a provision that you have to be a conference champion in order to participate in the championship game? I forgot what the "Nebraska Rule" was.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmm....Ole Miss is no juggernaut but...

@Oxford vs. Floirda L 24-30
@Oxford vs. Alabama L 24-27
@Oxford vs. LSU L 24-41

Not exactly blown away by the SEC elite.

PS - The other thing that is funny is when people bash Mizzou's defense. Hmmmmm

25th in the nation against the run
39th in the nation in scoring defense
45th in the nation against the pass

Again not exactly super duper numbers but...when you have the #5 passing #5 total and #5 scoring offense in the country..it helps.

Go to Top of Page

ellisfan
Your Name Here!

Djibouti
4083 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Georgia would get the nod over Kansas. Georgia does not play til their bowl game.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:24:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Big 12 would get two spots. One to OU for winning..then it is up to the bowls to decide between KU and MU.

Since MU beat KU...you would think they would go Missouri's way. But you never know. Whomever gets shutout would go to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl..which according to some around here last year..is the greatest bowl in the history of earth that isn't the championship game.

Go to Top of Page

UNOMav
Aiming for #1

963 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2007 :  10:57:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LSU is 3rd in overall defense.
14th in the nation against the run
22th in the nation in scoring defense
6th in the nation against the pass
3rd in the nation in pass efficiency defense

Missouri is actually 103rd in pass defense they are 45th in pass efficiency defense.

Still aiming for #1.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

3815 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  11:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Ole Miss fired their coach this weekend.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

mavjh
Known Traitor!

Greenland
2160 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  1:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It kills me how some fans of other teams in the Big XII are working this hard to rain on Missouri's parade.

The Tigers rolled the Big XII, even the usually strong and powerful, and were clearly even a formidable challenge in Norman. Deal with it.

If the former powers-that-be don't think every former doormat in the conference would proudly tout their opportunity to administer a proper arse-whoopin'...guess again.

AJ's right that the best thing that can happen for MU is to continue to be the underdog, real or perceived.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  3:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They're getting a lot of pub today..as you probably should as a #1 team. Especially considering that for the most part...only 7 teams have been #1 since 2001: Ohio State, Florida, USC, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Miami

Also, Mike points out Mizzou is 103rd in passing defense (265ypg). However, last time I looked at the rule book, teams win by scoring points or keepign other teams from scoring points.

That would mean scoring defense is the key. In that resepect, they stand 39th, and that's including a nice 34 spot against Illinois and 25 against a..(as Mike points out) dredfull Ole Miss team.

Also, if you look at passing efficency defense (ie - keeping the opposing QB's rating down)...Missouri is 45th. That's better than Florida, Tennessee, Michigan State or Texas. that's also only 4 spots (or less) higher than Georgia (SEC), Illinois and Penn St.

Go to Top of Page

Mojo325is
McQueen...

Brazil
1654 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  4:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So did MU hoist a 'make-beleive' (or however you worded it last year) Big XII North trophy on Saturday night?

------------
[img]http://usera.imagecave.com/mojo325is/mcqueen-steve-photo-xl-steve-mcqueen-6211556.jpg[/img]

Trying to elude the Mickey Mouse Brigade
Go to Top of Page

LAKingsFan
Freshman Mav

114 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  6:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ellisfan

Georgia would get the nod over Kansas. Georgia does not play til their bowl game.

I had forgotten that Georgia isn't playing in the SEC Championship game.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  8:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mojo325is

So did MU hoist a 'make-beleive' (or however you worded it last year) Big XII North trophy on Saturday night?

Actually, there's about 10 trophies that go with the Mizzou-KU rivalry..including the War drum, which is the oldest. The Chiefs also now present a "Lamar Hunt Trophy" to the winner. (Which is odd, considering next year is the last year at Arrowhead.

But from what I read, the Big 12 DOES give you a plaque...a small, square crystal that says "Big 12 North Champs". Funny thing is...It's just a plaque. Nebraska (Pederson) had it placed into a larger wood frame, and hoised it.

When Pinkel was asked about it in an article for the Wall STreet journal (I think it was) he said, "Yeah, it's nice..but I want the bigger one. THey just gave this to me on my way out to the bus".

That's some good stuff there.

Go to Top of Page

mavjh
Known Traitor!

Greenland
2160 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2007 :  8:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say most Mizzou fans were just as happy, if not HAPPIER, that they offed the JayHicks, spoiling that great story, regardless of the other prizes involved.
Go to Top of Page

Section 14
E.M.F.H

1875 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting predictions on ESPN.com, they have Mizzou in the Cotton Bowl: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?page=bowlprojections13
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2007 :  6:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kinda tough to blame them don't you think? OU has won 17 of the last 20 against Mizzou..they beat them earlier in the season..and well let's face it...Mizzou still has a tinge of a stigma attached to it.

Doesn't bother me any. 5 of 7 ESPN writers had Kansas winning last week. Then agian...11-2 and a Cotton Bowl bid isn't too bad either..especially if you've gone to 6 bowl games in 30+ years.

But to answer your original question...yes. If Kansas gets a BCS bid over Mizzou...congress should get involved.

Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5079 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  08:09:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sports Illustrated has Chase Daniel on the cover this week.

Blog: http://huskermike.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  08:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww crap.

Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:25:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey 14...can you not be a total d*ck and take my name down please. I know you don't like me, but I'd apprecite it if you didn't put my life in danger.

That's not cool, and your an ass for doing it.

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Section 14
E.M.F.H

1875 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:35:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJMav

Hey 14...can you not be a total d*ck and take my name down please. I know you don't like me, but I'd apprecite it if you didn't put my life in danger.

That's not cool, and your an ass for doing it.

Thanks

Why would your life be in danger?

Also, generally when you want someone to do something for you, you should consider being less of a celery stick. Your request is being considered.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will leave Mavpuck forever if you just take it down.

Whatever you want.

Go to Top of Page

Section 14
E.M.F.H

1875 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will leave Mavpuck forever if you just take it down.

Whatever you want.

It has been deleted. You don't have to leave MP, but you could consider being less of a celery stick.

It is unfortunate that some people take things too serious and would bother your family. However, you should probably think long and hard about the things you do to antagonize people and the possible consequences, especially from the crazy Husker fans. You put yourself out there and seek the attention. Threats (or worse) from psychos could be an unfortunate consequence.

Not trying to preach, but you do bring the attention to yourself.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Go to Top of Page

CaseyMav

Botswana
2332 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as an FYI, I edited West O Mike's post that included a quote from 14's original.

---
[img]http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9858/mtsig1zc3.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  12:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Joel.

I e-mailed Mike about it..but he's out to lunch.

Go to Top of Page

mrkaline
Mav Scout in Indiana

Poland
1475 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  12:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this time of year. The Thanksgiving attitude still in our hearts, the Christmas spirit in everything we do. Ahhh, Peace on Earth and Good will to Celery sticks.....

And while I think OU will win, I'm rooting for big MO just so "Duh" Ohio State doesn't back into the championship game.....
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4497 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  12:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it will be a good game. OU has super athletes, but has struggled at times against some bad bad teams. (ISU, Colorado and getting blasted by Tech). Missouri still has that "wow" factor to get over, as well as all the pressure in the world.

English and Murray are out for OU. Temple is back and Maclin is 100% for Mizzou. (Although Coffman may be out.)

Neutral field...mizzou sold 18,000 tickets in 2 hours, so there should be a fairly even atmosphere there.

Should be a great game. Everything from this point out is gravy to me in my book.

PS - I hate celery.

Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5079 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  12:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I e-mailed Mike about it..but he's out to lunch.

A lot of people say that about me... I'm used to it now...

Blog: http://huskermike.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2014 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000