Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 107

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  12:34:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was taken aback at first when I saw Tom Shatel's column on the statue this morning.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120612/SPORTS/706129879/1001

quote:
Bob Gibson's son Christopher, left, and wife, Wendy, were present for the unveiling of a statue honoring Bob Gibson outside of Werner Park. Creighton associate professor Littleton Alston, center, is the sculptor of the Gibson project.

The caption on the photo read that the statue was unveiled yesterday...and the picture showed a 2 foot tall statue. It wasn't until I read the column that I realized it was just the unveiling of a model; the actual statue is going to be life-sized.

Kind of a big difference...but yeah, a cool thing. I was at that Bob Gibson day at the Civic as well, though I didn't know much about him at the time.

Oh, and for Rosenblatt lovers: the Zoo is reopening the field at Rosenblatt for the weekend. Someone went so far as to remove some of the sod from the Nighthawks games and reinstall a home plate and a pitchers mound. As you should expect, the place looks completely run down as they've salvaged just about everything of value.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120612/NEWS01/706129924

Not sure that's such a great idea; most people will want to remember Rosenblatt for as it was in 2010. Hosting the CWS the final time, final Royals game, and those Nighthawks games. This is kind of sad - kind of like visiting a grandparent on their death bed, hooked to a ventilator. There will be better memories next year when the Rosenblatt children's diamond opens next year as part of the zoo.

Blog: http://huskermike.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  1:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know much about him then either.

I'm with you in that I'm not sure it's a great idea either. My final memory inside the stadium was the final O Royals game there. Tim Collins (now a great reliever for KC) threw in the final inning and Mike Moustakas (now the KC's 3rd baseman) hit a HR. A great night. We also went that December for the Chasers holiday sale but did not go into the stadium part. I mentioned this at dinner last night and my seven year old said he wants to go. Says he has a hard time remembering the inside. Now I'm kind of torn. I did warn him that it's not in the shape it was a couple years ago.

I'm actually looking forward to it coming down, kind of painful watching it deteriorate. I have a ton of great memories with my Dad from there and some great ones with my boys.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  5:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kind of disappointed that the zoo's childrens blatt thing will minitaureize the basetpaths to 60 ft. Would have been nice if they had recreated the infield exactly how it was at the Blatt. I'm happy they are doing something. They could have done nothing at all, but still, if they are going this far, should have just recreated it exactly how it was. Nice to see they are keeping the actual foul poles there though. That's great.

Yeah, I think it's going to be surreal going there this weekend. I think I have to stop by on Saturday though.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2012 :  7:11:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Setting it up smaller makes it better for t-ball and little league. I'm sure it will be quite a desirable place to play. Parents and grandparents will love the idea of their kids playing at the site of the CWS, even if it's not the same grass.

Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  08:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I think making it for kids is the best way to go. Plus a better use of space.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2012 :  3:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I met my wife at Rosenblatt when we both worked there. some days I'll miss it...some day's I'll be damn glad it's gone.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  12:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped by this morning on my way back to the office this morning. About the only thing that looks to be in decent shape is the press box. Everything else has pretty much been gutted. Weird thing is how good the grass looks on the infield (where they laid down sod for the Nighthawks) and how bad the rest of it looks. You can tell where they did the tractor exhibition in the outfield, because it's in really bad shape.

You do get an idea of just how cobbled together the stadium really was. And when you see the number of parking spaces in use for the Zoo on a rainy Friday, it's more proof that Rosenblatt had outserved it's purpose.

Go to Top of Page

admin
U!N!O!

10825 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  10:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sitting at TD Ameritrade for the CWS game yesterday afternoon, I was struck by how different an experience the event is...

Everything feels very compartmentalized outside the stadium, and it is easy for attendees to avoid souvenir stands, funky concessionaires and beer gardens.

To someone outside of Omaha (with the NCAA), I am sure it stands as a much more comfortable and corporate experience. But the atmosphere and mystique is gone. The uniqueness has been stripped away, leaving in its place a hollow, homogenized championship event.

The creature comforts of TD Ameritrade continue to impress, and easier access to concessions within the stadium is a stark contrast to the hot tunnel in the bowels of the Blatt.

But as Krutov suggests, the "carnival atmosphere" in South O created an incredibly unique vibe that will never be matched in a controlled setting...
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  11:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They had one of the Florida State radio guys on the 1620 CWS show yesterday. They asked him to compare TD and the 'blatt from the teams point of view. He talked about the character and all of the that at the 'blatt. He did mention that it did not have the amenties for the teams but that they did not care, because of the charm of the place. I believe the term he used for TD was sterile. He did say the open concourses were nice and the leg room.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

admin
U!N!O!

10825 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  12:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The FSU guy mirrors my sentiments...
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  2:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg S

They had one of the Florida State radio guys on the 1620 CWS show yesterday. They asked him to compare TD and the 'blatt from the teams point of view. He talked about the character and all of the that at the 'blatt. He did mention that it did not have the amenties for the teams but that they did not care, because of the charm of the place. I believe the term he used for TD was sterile. He did say the open concourses were nice and the leg room.

Greg

EVERYONE knows TD is sterile. Went to the game last night. I love the energy around the ballpark. I love not having to make the freaking death star trench run trying to find parking only to pay Cletus the slack jawled yokel $20 to park on his front lawn. I do think the event had outgrown the Rosenblatt neighborhood and think the correct decision was made to move the event downtown. I really don't miss much of anything of the hassle that went with attending the game at the Blatt. Downtown suits my tastes much more.

The bottom line is that McStadium is an epic mistake of outdated, sterile, bland architecture that MLB abandoned decades ago. It's soulless in there. Honestly, the game was boring last night. It just didn't feel like I was attending a CWS game. None of the energy of previous Series was evident in that ballpark. When you sit in some of the seats near the foul pole, you feel like you're a million miles away from home plate.

I think the lack of energy is sapping the life of the event to an extent. There was only 22k there last night. 3k below capacity on an absolutely perfect night. Lots of empty seats in the upper deck. You could barely give away tickets outside of the stadium. It was absolutely a buyers market. According to friends of mine it was hard to get anyone to pay face for a pair of tickets.

I like everything about downtown more than Deer Park, but the inside of McStadium and the overall corporate nature of the new CWS downtown takes some serious getting used to.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  2:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly don't miss parking at Rosenblatt during the series.

I agree with Jon on the compartmentalized part. It was kind of like a Carnival event outside at the 'blatt.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  7:44:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
better, livlier crowd today. still got in with great seats even with first base for face value. Still, alot fewer empty seats and seemed a bit better overall. From what I could tell, I think I got lucky to get in for face today and I think the demand was definitely up this afternoon.

You know the NCAA got exactly what they wanted. I mean, they have it so sterile there now that there's not a single real concession logo to be seen. Even the Dippin Dots are hid behind a standardized corporate NCAA College World Series concession cart.

I do love the fact that the Zestos sign can be seen over the RF wall if you sit down the 3b line. Really, the experience of sitting in that park is totally different from the 1b line to the 3b line.

One thing they did very well was cover up the concrete facade of the upper deck. The all consuming croncrete jungle feel of the place is really toned down with that. The seating bowl being full helps as well.

Went over to Rosenblatt this morning. scooped up some dirt. I agree that while I will miss aspects of going to games there, the place simply outlived its usefulness. There were people crying there, but the way I look at it, if they can tear down Yankee Stadium, Rosenblatt really didn't stand a chance. The place was a hodgepodge Frankensteins monster of design styles put together over 40 years with some truly horrendously ugly seating colors. Rosenblatt was never about the ballpark, but about the memories and the events that happened there.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  9:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Between the ridiculous parking issues and ESPN's decision to start games at 6 pm, I hadn't been to the CWS at Rosenblatt in a few years...so I can't really compare the two environments.

I had to work at a CWS event this evening, and afterwards took a walk down Cuming, 13th St, and then down past Zestos. I guess it's all what you are looking for. Yeah, the tents are now compartmentalized to the Old Mattress Factory. But they were compartmentalized to 13th Street before. The big difference is now you are parking closer to the ballpark so you don't have to deal with all of that. But you have a lot more brick and mortar businesses to choose from. Zesto's beer garden is now a Wrigleyville rooftop party. Goodnights had a big crowd as well, and with all of the people on the sidewalks, I really couldn't see into the Slowdown lot.

I do know that I was easily able to drive around the stadium...something that wasn't possible around Deer Park.

Ridiculing the architecture as bland is an easy scapegoat IMHO. But I think there is a different reason why the environment at Ameritrade is different:

TD Ameritrade Park has evolved into a pitchers ballpark. Rosenblatt home runs become outs at Ameritrade. At Rosenblatt, the prevailing winds blew the ball towards the Interstate. Downtown, the prevailing winds are blowing into the batters face. I just watched South Carolina drill a ball to the warning track for a double; at Rosenblatt, that would have cleared the fence.

Home runs are exciting. Fly ball outs are not.

Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  12:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've talked about the prevailing wind issues in the past in this thread. Again, it seems to me that falls into the column of one of the many and varied architectural blunders that was made at the new ballpark. I'm not saying you need to build a bandbox, but going in everyone knew the NCAA was taking the juice out of the bats. With that being common knowledge and the fact they had to know the wind wouldn't aid cheap home runs in the new park since it's oriented against the wind and not sitting on top of the hill, shouldn't they have made it a bit smaller?

I find it funny that Werner Park, the home of players that are one step away from the big leagues, is tiny compared to McStadium. This isn't 1999 anymore. TD is 335/408/335. Werner Park is 310/402/315. You're talking 20-25 feet difference. You're talking about 18-22 year old kids vs. 22-30 year old men that have been playing the game up to 10 years longer. Steroids aren't as prevalent at all levels of baseball.

It just doesn't seem that they thought the situation out. They basically just said, "make it the same size as Rosenblatt!"

...and I have no problem ridiculing their uninspired architecture. It is pretty much the base of all of my problems with the interior of the ballpark. When I go there, I don't know if I'm in TD Ameritrade Park, US Cellular Field, or Oakland Coliseum. It's just a missed opportunity overall. They could have built something distinctive. Instead, I'm convinced they just bought a random set of blueprints from the 70's that HOK had laying around. I read a review of TD the other day that said it was so sterile it's like being in a hospital as much as a ballpark. sad.

too much concrete, too symmetrical, no distinctive features, too big of a playing surface, nothing at all that makes you think that this stadium was designed with Omaha in mind.
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  08:43:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way the NCAA was forcing Omaha's hand it seems, and I'm sure that extended to the design of the stadium, nobody should have been surprised at the sterility of the whole experience considering how they operate their other NCAA championships. Looks at the boards in hockey. Look at the courts in basketball, all the same color scheme, even the host schools for those regionals in basketball get some tiny school logo they get to put up where nobody would ever see it.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  12:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by West O Mike

Between the ridiculous parking issues and ESPN's decision to start games at 6 pm, I hadn't been to the CWS at Rosenblatt in a few years...so I can't really compare the two environments.

I had to work at a CWS event this evening, and afterwards took a walk down Cuming, 13th St, and then down past Zestos. I guess it's all what you are looking for. Yeah, the tents are now compartmentalized to the Old Mattress Factory. But they were compartmentalized to 13th Street before. The big difference is now you are parking closer to the ballpark so you don't have to deal with all of that. But you have a lot more brick and mortar businesses to choose from. Zesto's beer garden is now a Wrigleyville rooftop party. Goodnights had a big crowd as well, and with all of the people on the sidewalks, I really couldn't see into the Slowdown lot.

I do know that I was easily able to drive around the stadium...something that wasn't possible around Deer Park.

Ridiculing the architecture as bland is an easy scapegoat IMHO. But I think there is a different reason why the environment at Ameritrade is different:

TD Ameritrade Park has evolved into a pitchers ballpark. Rosenblatt home runs become outs at Ameritrade. At Rosenblatt, the prevailing winds blew the ball towards the Interstate. Downtown, the prevailing winds are blowing into the batters face. I just watched South Carolina drill a ball to the warning track for a double; at Rosenblatt, that would have cleared the fence.

The two parks definitely play different. TD is definitely very much a pticher's park now that is very difficult to hit home runs in. I don't think that's what the FSU guy though was referring to. I think it was the environment away from the field and the stadium's feel off the field.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  1:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nousefouraname

better, livlier crowd today. still got in with great seats even with first base for face value. Still, alot fewer empty seats and seemed a bit better overall. From what I could tell, I think I got lucky to get in for face today and I think the demand was definitely up this afternoon.

You know the NCAA got exactly what they wanted. I mean, they have it so sterile there now that there's not a single real concession logo to be seen. Even the Dippin Dots are hid behind a standardized corporate NCAA College World Series concession cart.

I do love the fact that the Zestos sign can be seen over the RF wall if you sit down the 3b line. Really, the experience of sitting in that park is totally different from the 1b line to the 3b line.

One thing they did very well was cover up the concrete facade of the upper deck. The all consuming croncrete jungle feel of the place is really toned down with that. The seating bowl being full helps as well.

Went over to Rosenblatt this morning. scooped up some dirt. I agree that while I will miss aspects of going to games there, the place simply outlived its usefulness. There were people crying there, but the way I look at it, if they can tear down Yankee Stadium, Rosenblatt really didn't stand a chance. The place was a hodgepodge Frankensteins monster of design styles put together over 40 years with some truly horrendously ugly seating colors. Rosenblatt was never about the ballpark, but about the memories and the events that happened there.

I don't think Yankee Stadium is a good comparison. After the big renovation/change in the 70's, to many fans it quit being the Yankee Stadium of it's origins. Rosenblatt was not really renovated as much as expanded and it evolved.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  1:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buetane

The way the NCAA was forcing Omaha's hand it seems, and I'm sure that extended to the design of the stadium, nobody should have been surprised at the sterility of the whole experience considering how they operate their other NCAA championships. Looks at the boards in hockey. Look at the courts in basketball, all the same color scheme, even the host schools for those regionals in basketball get some tiny school logo they get to put up where nobody would ever see it.

I think you are dead on here. I think the NCAA was all over the design of this stadium. In the end it gave Omaha a lock on the CWS so that's not a bad thing in itself, but it did change the feel of the event.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  3:57:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I don't think Yankee Stadium is a good comparison. After the big renovation/change in the 70's, to many fans it quit being the Yankee Stadium of it's origins. Rosenblatt was not really renovated as much as expanded and it evolved.

Greg

I think it's a very appropriate comparison. The Rosenblatt of my youth is nothing like the ballpark they are about to tear down. That's why I call Rosenblatt Frankensteins monster. It was built in pieces with none of the designs really picking up where the last one left off. I still remember the wood bleachers down the left and right field lines. I remember when the outfield only had a couple sets of wood bleachers.

The giant overhaul of the stadium in the 90's is more than half of what they are tearing down. Just like the Yankee Stadium of Ruth and Gehrig was overhauled beyond recognition
Go to Top of Page

Hoffin205
Senior Mav

USA
1263 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  8:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With such a sterile, blank canvas (probably due in equal parts to NCAA wishes and financial realities of the time the park was born into) I hope the future bring opportunity for TD to pick up a more Omaha feel as it matures.

DBF
@Hoffin205
"Hoff" is the nickname - "in205" just helps me find my seat
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  08:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many die hard Yankee fans thought the look and feel of Yankee Stadium changed to much after the renovation in the 70's. That's why there was not a big outcry of emotion when they decided to replace it. Compare that to the Red Sox. There current owners talked about replacing Fenway and you had a major uproar, so they proceeded to upgraded the exisiting facility.

The core part of Rosenblatt, the main concourse remained the same and they added to it. I don't recall anyone at any point during the renovations over the years complaining about the upgrades. It always seemed to be positive (especially the entrance and press box). The bleachers down the sides were awful wood things. Food and trash would gather under them and blow around. Moisture would be standing down there. They were brutal. Remember the seating for the physcially changed? It was a essentially a cage down 1st base line.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  10:02:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I absolutely love the fact that Mike is back peddling and talking about how awesome 2-0 games are in a place that obviously has some major design flaws.

I personally am fine with the whole thing..it's cool to have suites and wide concourses and all that...but the primary problem with the whole thing (aside from being as bland as an insurance convention) is that the dugouts/seats in the infield are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too far away from the field. Other than Oakland (which was designed for football), I can't think of a single baseball field with that much foul territory. I think that is also causing part of the problem, because the seats at Rosenblatt were right on top of the action. Here, not only is everything pretty sleek and dull...but they're 2 miles from home plate. Ironically the only part of the stands that IS close to the field is around the outfield wall...which almost nobody hits a ball to.

I'm still of the thought that there was no way to move teh series without losing all of it's "charm". That part is inevitable. However, I think if the empty seats and neutral reviews keep coming..it won't take long before MECA and the city are forced to do something about the whole environment issue.

I agree with others...I tried to watch 20 minutes of that ARizona vs. UCLA game last night and nearly lost consciousness from boredom...and I'm a pitcher for God's sake.

Oh well...I'm sure Zestos made it all worth it.

Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJMav

I absolutely love the fact that Mike is back peddling and talking about how awesome 2-0 games are in a place that obviously has some major design flaws.

What was actually said...

quote:

I love how AJ has the reading comprehension of a five-year old (or is it a conservative political commentator? It's really tough to tell the difference anymore.)

Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  12:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH A PITCHERS DUEL UNLESS IT'S SABATHIA vs VERLANDER or something like that.

If you're going to celebrate Americana and wax all nostalgic in a Normal Rockwell haze of self-promotion and sugary slobbery self indulgence...then at least do so over a game that offers more than 0 Extra Base hits per game.

The 21-14 GorillaBall days of the mid 90's sucked....but do I really need to see 48 ground ball outs in a 3-0 game? If you're going to make people sit in a cathedral of steel and glass full of the charm and ambiance of an Art Linkletter Insurance Infomercial...then you better have some exciting games.

The Super Regional were amazing to watch...this crap so far has been brutal.

I wonder why that is?
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Many die hard Yankee fans thought the look and feel of Yankee Stadium changed to much after the renovation in the 70's. That's why there was not a big outcry of emotion when they decided to replace it. Compare that to the Red Sox. There current owners talked about replacing Fenway and you had a major uproar, so they proceeded to upgraded the exisiting facility.

The core part of Rosenblatt, the main concourse remained the same and they added to it. I don't recall anyone at any point during the renovations over the years complaining about the upgrades. It always seemed to be positive (especially the entrance and press box). The bleachers down the sides were awful wood things. Food and trash would gather under them and blow around. Moisture would be standing down there. They were brutal. Remember the seating for the physcially changed? It was a essentially a cage down 1st base line.

Greg

Yeah, and that's why I personally can't lament the loss of a ballpark, the majority of which was constructed in the 1990's. I never thought anything about Rosenblatt was spectacular anyway. It had alot of memories, but it changed so much over the years it didn't feel like you were going tot he same ballpark when you compared the early 90's to 2010.
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  1:03:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely agree with AJ here. While Mike never really came out and said he loved the pitchers duels, that is what we are getting.

Gorilla ball did suck. 4 and a half hour games in 105 degree heat on metal bleachers were brutal. There has to be a happy medium though. 2-0 games with 6 combined hits are a borefest. Give me a 6-5 game with a few Rosenblatt wind aided homers any day over the snore fests we are getting at TD.

The problem is outside of moving in the fences (not an easy or cheap task given the configuration of the ballpark), there is no quick fix to this problem. I guess they could put some juice back into the bats, but doesn't that just make a real farce of the game?

Again, I think it's an incredible design flaw to build it to the same dimensions as the Blatt knowing it would face the opposite direction, steroids aren't as prevalent, the bats are toned down, and it's not on a hill. When things like that happen, you know that people that know very little about the game are the ones making the design decisions. It's telling that Werner Park moved the fences in a full 20 feet for guys that are almost MLB ready.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  1:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Greg

Yeah, and that's why I personally can't lament the loss of a ballpark, the majority of which was constructed in the 1990's. I never thought anything about Rosenblatt was spectacular anyway. It had alot of memories, but it changed so much over the years it didn't feel like you were going tot he same ballpark when you compared the early 90's to 2010.

I'm not sure it was spectacular in any way but it just worked. The way it sat up on the hill, the police escorts up and down 10th and 13th street for the team buses, etc. It just worked for the CWS. The stadium definitely evolved over time but it always looked like and felt like Rosenblatt.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  2:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

While Mike never really came out and said he loved the pitchers duels, that is what we are getting.

Uh....
quote:

Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  4:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Storm Chasers sale is official. It does not mention Gary Green the primary owner, owning other teams. That and Alan Stein being in the new ownership group points to Martie Cordaro and crew remaining. Which would be a very good thing considering the direction of the franchise.

I also like how Warren Buffet pointed to the team being here for the long haul in Sunday's paper.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120618/SPORTS/306189880/1001#new-yorker-buys-storm-chasers

Greg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 107 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2017 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000