Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 107

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  4:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another positive review of Werner Park and the Chasers:

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2011/09/down-on-the-farm-playoffs-for-omahas-new-park-while-lincoln-and-indy-just-miss-out/
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  5:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep...

http://sports.omaha.com/2011/09/08/for-storm-chasers-a-win-win-win-season/

quote:
Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again: if you owned the Storm Chasers and agreed to be a tenant of MECA and play downtown _ and pass up the control of revenue and dates _ you would have to fire yourself for incompetence.

Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  10:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Time will tell how the crowds keep coming out, and how Sarpy County pays the tab.

BTW, average attendance at the Trailer Park was up 58 fans a night. 1%.

Average brand-spanking new minor league ballpark for the first season? 25%

Blog: http://huskermike.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jonesy498
Junior Mav

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2011 :  11:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
West O are you using last years numbers for the Chasers? If so the difference is obviously going to be lower, perhaps a better measuring stick would be the 2009 numbers. Also most minor league teams don't go from a 25,000 seat stadium to a 9,500 seat stadium. I would imagine that the money made per seat sold is considerably higher at Werner park than it was at Rosenblatt.

Sec. 213 row A seats 11, 12
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  12:13:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jonesy - I'm sure all new minor league parks based their increased average attendance on the previous years numbers, just like WestO did. That being a like comparison would not make it "obviously lower". I also don't see how going to a smaller stadium would affect average attendance. Unless they built the new park smaller than their average attendance, which we did not. And money made per seat would only be higher if they raised ticket prices. Unless I'm misunderstanding something about your post, I'm not sure I understand some of your logic. Maybe explain.

Go to Top of Page

SecretAgentMav
Hobey Baker Nominee, 2004

Congo, Democratic Republic of
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  12:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The logic of Jonesy's post is...

...that the Royals/Stormies move to Werner Park was less about an attendance boost than it was about a better experience for fans, and turning decent attendance into a home field advantage. It also brings supply/demand into the picture -- more people will use tickets they get, if there is a chance they won't be able to get them later.

think of it this way...

UNO hockey draws an average of 8,000 per night in the CLink... with an average decibel level of 50dB... put 8,000 UNO fans in, say... the Civic or a smaller on campus arena, and the same number of fans could raise to 75 or even 100dB. Meanwhile, a lack of availability raises the urgency to get and use tickets for games in a smaller arena, because opportunity is less.

So, while hoping to bump attendance, it is capped number. It becomes an argument of quality over quantity.

...Last night I had the strangest dream...
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  07:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by West O Mike

quote:
Time will tell how the crowds keep coming out, and how Sarpy County pays the tab.

That stat means very little. How many teams move from a ballpark where they have the capability for 1-2 out of the norm nights where they quadruple their average attendance to a ballpark that's almost 1/3 of the size of their old place. Probably very few. Omaha was always an anomaly.

You are clinging for dear life to that completely bogus stat to try to prove a point, but it's simply a bad argument. sorry.
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buetane

Jonesy - I'm sure all new minor league parks based their increased average attendance on the previous years numbers, just like WestO did. That being a like comparison would not make it "obviously lower". I also don't see how going to a smaller stadium would affect average attendance. Unless they built the new park smaller than their average attendance, which we did not. And money made per seat would only be higher if they raised ticket prices. Unless I'm misunderstanding something about your post, I'm not sure I understand some of your logic. Maybe explain.

The point is not many minor league teams move from iconic, but massive stadiums, where they can have attendance nights that are anomalies for their seasons to one that's 1/3 the size of their old home. Anyone who ever went to a game at the Blatt knows 20k wasn't average, but they would get a crowd like that 1-2 times per year. Last year added a 3rd night of 20k because it was the final baseball game ever and got people out to the park who were simply there for the event.

In any event, the crowd for minor league baseball is well defined in this city. We know how many people it's roughly going to draw. They've done better this year and their actuals are up higher than 58 per game. Still, this was about saving baseball in this city.
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  08:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point usey. But I wouldn't say he's "clinging for dear life". You saying that gives me the idea that you're clinging for dear life to this message board "victory".

SAM - No. A new park is obviously going to be a better experience for the fan. That's why people build new parks, or part of it anyway. I don't know what their motive was for building their new park. There were many I'm sure but part of which you're right was to get a better AAA experience. You can't compare this situation to UNO's with the Civic and what not because Werner's average attendance didn't reach that cap number. Had the boost in average attendance been 1% and Werner sold out every game, then I'd put more faith in a "cap number" argument. But the fact remains, their average was 1% better than last year, while most teams attain a 25% increase in comparison to their previous year's attendance. Jonesy was saying not to compare to last year, like every other team did I'm sure, but rather compare it to the year before.
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  09:03:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buetane

Good point usey. But I wouldn't say he's "clinging for dear life". You saying that gives me the idea that you're clinging for dear life to this message board "victory".

SAM - No. A new park is obviously going to be a better experience for the fan. That's why people build new parks, or part of it anyway. I don't know what their motive was for building their new park. There were many I'm sure but part of which you're right was to get a better AAA experience. You can't compare this situation to UNO's with the Civic and what not because Werner's average attendance didn't reach that cap number. Had the boost in average attendance been 1% and Werner sold out every game, then I'd put more faith in a "cap number" argument. But the fact remains, their average was 1% better than last year, while most teams attain a 25% increase in comparison to their previous year's attendance. Jonesy was saying not to compare to last year, like every other team did I'm sure, but rather compare it to the year before.

You'd still be hard pressed to find many instances where a team moved from a 25,000 seat ballpark to a 9,000 seat ballpark. To me, that just changes the whole dynamic and is the reason you can't use that stat to somehow say this season is some sort of a failure. I know there were several nights where the Chasers turned fans away because they were sold out. It is what it is.

I know it's not exactly the same, but there are instances where attendance actually goes down with the opening of a new stadium. I'll point to the St. Louis Cardinals. In 2005, with the closing of Busch Stadium (while not universally revered, it was an icon in that city), the team drew 3,491,837 (43,647 avg). In 2006, with the opening of the new ballpark and an eventual World Series Championship, the attendance went down to 3,407,104 (42,588 avg.). Of course, the new ballpark had a maximum capacity roughly 10% fewer seats than the previous ballpark. Now, think about Werner, the place has a maximum capacity of about 60% fewer.

Also, some people won't do GA, so a soft sellout at Werner is only 6,400 which they came relatively close to reaching this year as an average.

The point is, the attendance probably could have been a little higher. Extreme cold and hot weather probably played a factor, but at the end of the day, it's just hard to compare 2010 to 2011 because of the stadium factors.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  09:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

A couple points, first I think it's interesting that it keeps getting brought about the small attendance increase at Werner, but not the fact that we won't see a 25% increase at McStadium. We just got done spending $140 million on a stadium that has essentially the same capacity as the one it replaced....

Rosenblatt being replaced by Werner was not your typical minor league team getting a new stadium to boost attendance deal. First their ballpark was going away. Second it was the largest park that hosted minor league baseball in the country (I believe by close to 10K). Rosenblatt had a lot of peoople going at the end to say goodbye. Obviously 20k plus on the final night and along with a few other inflated dates leading up to it inflated their numbers for last year. I think comparing the 2009 attendance to 2011 would be a more valid comparision in this instance. Also Mike continually referred to the location as BFE. With the population moving in that direction that will definitely help them going forward. As time goes on that area will be surrounded by homes, apartments and business.

Both of these stadiums were built to keep what we already had and improve the product. I think both did that.

Also with Werner look at how many more dates the Chaser's were able to fill on top of the Chasers games. You also had the concert, movie night, Bellevue U baseball, UNO baseball, UNO soccer, high school baseball and the youth games.

Tom also nailed it on the name change. You definitely see more Chasers gear around town. They are also selling it at the K in KC. The Hy Vee near me even carries it now.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  11:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg S

quote:

quote:

A couple points, first I think it's interesting that it keeps getting brought about the small attendance increase at Werner, but not the fact that we won't see a 25% increase at McStadium. We just got done spending $140 million on a stadium that has essentially the same capacity at the one it replaced....

Rosenblatt being replaced by Werner was not your typical minor leauge team getting a new stadium to boost attendance deal. First their ballpark was going away. Second it was the largest park that hosted minor league baseball in the country (I believe by close to 10K). Rosenblatt had a lot of peoople going at the end to say goodbye. Obviously 20k plus on the final night and along with a few other inflated dates leading up to it inflated their numbers for last year. I think comparing the 2009 attendance to 2011 would be a more valid comparision in this instance. Also Mike continually referred to the location as BFE. With the population moving in that direction that will definitely help them going forward. As time goes on that area will be surrounded by homes, apartments and business.

Both of these stadiums were built to keep what we already had and improve the product. I think both did that.

Also with Werner look at home many more dates the Chaser's were able to fill on top of the Chasers. You also the concert, movie night, Bellevue U baseball, UNO baseball, UNO soccer, high school baseball and the youths games.

Tom also nailed it on the name change. You definitely see more Chasers gear around town. They are also selling it at the K in KC. The Hy Vee near me even carries it now.

Greg

Very true. It would appear that the overall attendance at McStadium for the CWS was relatively flat this year compared with years past. Attendance at the CWS was way down in 2010, but it looks like they only got about 500 more fans in 2011 compared to 2009 (if my math is right). Looks like they averaged 22977 in 2011, 20961 in 2010, and 22405 in 2009.
Go to Top of Page

jonesy498
Junior Mav

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  12:27:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My point about using last years numbers from Rosenblatt was that they were inflated because people wanted to see one last game at the Blatt. Go back to the 09 numbers and see how much attendance increased.

Sec. 213 row A seats 11, 12
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  12:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since TD Ameritrade was built to be the same capacity as Rosenblatt, and the CWS was typically a sellout, it should not be a surprise that attendance was flat. It was built to meet the NCAA's demand for amenities: clean zone, nearby hotels, improved team facilities, etc.

And the Trailer Park was part of a typical build-me-a-new-baseball-stadium-because-everybody-else-is-getting-a-new-stadium campaign. The previous owners of the Royals started it in 2005. Even when Stein took over and the debate turned to the CWS, Alan Stein came out multiple times and said refurbish Rosenblatt for the CWS, and give me the rest of the money to build a new stadium.

With the example of Busch Stadium, let's not forget that Busch Stadium opened incomplete in 2006. Construction of the left field stands at the new Busch Stadium couldn't begin until the old Busch Stadium was demolished. (I heard a report that the left field foul pole at New Busch is in the same spot as the old right field foul pole at Old Busch. Not sure if that's correct, but Google Maps shows it to be pretty close.) It wasn't until summertime that the new seats were open, so the Cardinals couldn't draw much more than 35,000 in the early part of the season.

As for comparing attendance, I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe that 2011 attendance out at BFE was about 10% higher than at Rosenblatt in 2009. So even if you use 2009 as the benchmark, it's still below the average for a new stadium. Let me put it another way: ever since Stein and Cordaro took over, the Royals attendance has jumped up each and every year by 5%-10%. Except this year, with the biggest attraction of all, the shiny new ballpark with all the bells and whistles. Did Stein and Cordaro reach the limit of what the Omaha market could support in 2010? I don't think so.

But it's true that building the Trailer Park wasn't about attendance. It was about maximizing and controlling the revenues coming to the team. Charging for parking, higher ticket prices, suite and club seating, etc...

Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  1:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously, it can be argued, but can't be proven either way, but I'm sure you'd suggest that had the team moved to McStadium, they'd have surged up to 8-9k per game and been in the top 2 or 3 in the league in attendance. For you, this has always mainly been an argument of 1. hating the location and 2. thinking Sarpy was disingenuous about how they lured the team out there and how they will ultimately pay for it.

So, is that it? Do you think that if they played in Double McStadium with cheese they'd have surged to attendance levels previously unseen in this market? Can you honestly say that? You've even admitted that there's been very little griping about the location, much to your surprise. Outside of a very small message board minority, I haven't heard much griping about it at all.

Personlly, I know that if they were playing downtown, I likely would not have kept my ticket package and would have attended far fewer than the 20 or so games I did attend this year. The atmosphere inside McStadium is simply boring to me and I'm not all that motivated to go there unless it's the CWS (now that's a sentiment I've heard over and over this summer).

That brings me to my next point, Werner Park also bucks the trends of huge attendance increases in the first year in another way. Many new ballparks are built in established downtown areas. So, yeah. It makes sense that the newness wears off quickly and attendance surges then returns to normal. Remember, Werner Park is still a work in progress. It's still an almost empty canvas out there. However, it's still in the fastest growing area in all of Nebraska. Even if it takes a few years, there will eventually be more houses out there along with bars, shops, and restaurants. HOnestly, attendance should grow in the coming years as more people call that area home and there's more reasons for those outside of the area to come down there. IMO, just another way it's hard to compare this park to the norm.

Also, I wonder what will happen if/when MECA makes the incredibly stupid decision to bring beer league ball downtown. As we know, the market for minor league baseball in this city isn't huge by any means. I don't believe the market can support 2 teams. Ultimately, I think that the Indy ball team would fail, Knights style, but I'm worried they might siphon off just enough business from the OSC in the short term to complicate the situation.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  11:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not quite. My #1 issue has always been the subsidization of a minor league ballpark...especially when one already exists in the metro area. The location has always been #2. I said the Hwy 370 location was the worst location and was selected because it was the cheapest.

You can point out that the city may eventually grow out there...but I point back to the local real estate professionals who don't think anything is going to happen out there for another five years.

Do I think the Royals would have drawn better downtown? Yes. 8,000 a night? Probably not...but better than 6k. But as Shatel pointed out, the bottom line for Stein and company was to take the deal that Sarpy offered. Discount rent, all concession and parking revenue.

Why would the downtown stadium draw more? Simple...fireworks night would have drawn better. More convenient location for more people. Plenty of parking...and yes...some of it is free. And nearby establishments to grab a bite to eat before/after.

I get that you don't like the downtown location. That's fine. I know from my house in West O, it's about 1 minute difference drive between the two ballpark areas. Except five days a week, I'm already downtown. Thursday night after work, we're going to the Nighthawks game. Car probably won't move from 8 am to 10 pm. I imagine I won't be the only person doing that.

Go to Top of Page

SecretAgentMav
Hobey Baker Nominee, 2004

Congo, Democratic Republic of
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  02:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with the downtown ballpark was that the Royals wanted an 9,000-seat ballpark downtown... raised the issue... talked about getting it done...

...then got squeezed out of their own plan.

I agree that Rosenblatt needed to be replaced. But the Royals knew all along that 25,000 seats were too many for them. They wanted intimacy, and the needed to bring supply down. As soon as CWS entered the picture downtown, the Royals were destined for elsewhere.

...Last night I had the strangest dream...
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  07:25:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And because the Royals didn't want a 25K seat stadium, a minor league park did not exist in this area. Until they built Werner. I do agree that you can't look at the CWS attendance because their average should never have been expected to increase since the two stadiums were the same size.

I know what your point was Jonesy but my point was that if no other team was comparing their average attendance to the second to last year of their stadium, then why would the Royals.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Since TD Ameritrade was built to be the same capacity as Rosenblatt, and the CWS was typically a sellout, it should not be a surprise that attendance was flat. It was built to meet the NCAA's demand for amenities: clean zone, nearby hotels, improved team facilities, etc.

And the Trailer Park was part of a typical build-me-a-new-baseball-stadium-because-everybody-else-is-getting-a-new-stadium campaign. The previous owners of the Royals started it in 2005. Even when Stein took over and the debate turned to the CWS, Alan Stein came out multiple times and said refurbish Rosenblatt for the CWS, and give me the rest of the money to build a new stadium.

With the example of Busch Stadium, let's not forget that Busch Stadium opened incomplete in 2006. Construction of the left field stands at the new Busch Stadium couldn't begin until the old Busch Stadium was demolished. (I heard a report that the left field foul pole at New Busch is in the same spot as the old right field foul pole at Old Busch. Not sure if that's correct, but Google Maps shows it to be pretty close.) It wasn't until summertime that the new seats were open, so the Cardinals couldn't draw much more than 35,000 in the early part of the season.

As for comparing attendance, I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe that 2011 attendance out at BFE was about 10% higher than at Rosenblatt in 2009. So even if you use 2009 as the benchmark, it's still below the average for a new stadium. Let me put it another way: ever since Stein and Cordaro took over, the Royals attendance has jumped up each and every year by 5%-10%. Except this year, with the biggest attraction of all, the shiny new ballpark with all the bells and whistles. Did Stein and Cordaro reach the limit of what the Omaha market could support in 2010? I don't think so.

But it's true that building the Trailer Park wasn't about attendance. It was about maximizing and controlling the revenues coming to the team. Charging for parking, higher ticket prices, suite and club seating, etc...

I agree that building Werner wasn't strictly about attendance. I do think they wanted control of their own stadium (like every other affiliated team in MiLB). I also agree they wanted to maximize revenues (doesn't every team want that). The NCAA though at McStadium was also about higher ticket prices, suite and club seating, etc. They really changed the game on the 2nd level of McStadium. Not sure how parking was done DT.

I do think that attendance out there will continue to grow. Of the Sarpy locations it was the one the farthest out but also the one with the most future development opportunity. Mike has referred to that location at BFE, yet they continue to draw really well. Imagine as more businesses, houses and apartments arrive out there how that will have an impact on attendance. It may take up to 5 years but it's coming. I'll take the bet with anybody that doesn't see growth continuing in Sarpy, especially on 370.

Greg

I think you will
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  08:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The awards continue to arrive for the Chasers and their front office. Martie wins PCL executive of the year:

http://www.i70baseball.com/2011/09/09/omahas-cordaro-voted-pcl-executive-of-the-year/

Greg
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  09:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Growth will continue in Sarpy. Just as the property taxes will next year, going up 11%. I think they said a week or two ago that the added revenue won't be going toward the stadium but with an 11% increase I'd find it hard to believe some of it won't make it's way to paying it off. Which is good. But didn't they say it wouldn't go up?
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  12:12:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shrug. I've said all along that I don't care if my taxes go up incrementally for a ballpark. It's something I use. There are plenty of things my tax dollars pay for that I never use. So, I have no problem with it.

I've lived in Sarpy for 20 years. I remember the days when there was literally nothing to do in basically the whole county, when you had to to drive 25 minutes to get to any shopping outside of Wal-Mart on 84th or the dying Southroads district. So, I'm really happy that the county is showing some initiative.

And remember, it was either Sarpy or Texas for this club. As Greg said, they got squeezed out of their own plan that they'd been pitching since about 2001. I wouldn't have blamed them if they left if Sarpy hadn't stepped up, but they did. Honestly, I don't think there are any real losers in this except maybe some super charged up tea party people who are worried about the taxes.
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  2:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in Douglas County but agree on all counts nouse, as I will use TD Ameritrade. And you're right, there are lots of things I pay for and don't use.
Go to Top of Page

huskermavfanchuck
Sophomore Mav

USA
250 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  11:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Considering this is a stadium thread, this might be as good a place to put this as any, but they broke ground on Haymarket Arena this week. Regent Tim Clare stated that the digging for the arena starts next week. They've been doing a lot of work on the train track moving, but we finally got to see the actual building project start. :)

Family fans of the Stars, Mavericks, and various and sundry NHL teams! Happy to be here!

Please take a gander at my new blog, if you have the time! Notes and suggestions welcome. Crazy Corn, Bull, and Bird House
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2011 :  8:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tacoma just put $30 million into their stadium and had an increase in attendance of, wait for it, 3%.....

Greg
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  06:54:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A remodel did better than the brand new, all-the-bells-and-whistles Trailer Park?

Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  09:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pretty amazing considering what they spent on a remodel, we got a jewel of a ballpark on the plains, that's ranked among the best nationally against all parks below the MLB level.....Doubt they've still got all the deveopment heading their over the next 10 years like Werner Park does.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2011 :  10:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg S

Pretty amazing considering what they spent on a remodel, we got a jewel of a ballpark on the plains, that's ranked among the best nationally against all parks below the MLB level.....Doubt they've still got all the deveopment heading their over the next 10 years like Werner Park does.

Greg

Well, one thing that is likely certain is that the money spent on Werner isn't a final cost for the next 20 years. They've said over and over that Werner isn't a finished product. They have said they want indoor party/catering facilities for groups and that they have other long term expansion plans. They've continually said Werner is built with expansion in mind.

I wonder who will pay for those renovations on Werner. I'd hope that it would be the team and not Sarpy County as any further renovations will likely be in terms of revenue streams for the team and not the county, but you never know considering the way stadium financing works.

I could easily see another $5-$10 million spent in the next decade or so in terms of amenities. So, while what they got for their $30 million in Sarpy is very impressive and probably way more cost effective than the renovation in Sacramento, it would be naive to think this is a final cost for Werner (same probably goes for TD as well).

Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  08:16:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I honestly think this is for the best. In fact, I' kinda hope they never get a garbage indy team there...

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110914/NEWS01/709149932#pro-ball-downtown-unlikely-in-12
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2011 :  11:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2012 will be interesting at McStadium. They won't have indy baseball and most likely 2011 is the final year of the UFL. Hopefully they get a few more concerts. I was hoping NU would schedule a baseball series there as well. Years ago they used to at the 'blatt. Or at least a game.

Greg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 107 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2017 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000