Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 107

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2011 :  5:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
McStadium it is. Ba da bomp bom bom. I'm lovin it.

Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  09:14:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Article today on trying to get more dates to fill McStadium's schedule. More CU games next year but no MoValley tourney, and probably no Nighthawks. Will be interesting to see if Red Sky is successful enough to come back (I hope so, think it will be good for Omaha and will develop over time). Will be interesting to see if enough go to this year's acts to make it a go next year.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110704/NEWS01/707049937#ballpark-turns-quieter

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  11:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More talk of Beer League Baseball. I guess they don't have too many other options, but I say bleh. I'd probably go once just to say I'd been to one, but it just sounds terrible to me. Unless they are literally giving tickets away, 1,500-2,000 in that venue will be horrible.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  8:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nousefouraname

More talk of Beer League Baseball. I guess they don't have too many other options, but I say bleh. I'd probably go once just to say I'd been to one, but it just sounds terrible to me. Unless they are literally giving tickets away, 1,500-2,000 in that venue will be horrible.

I work downtown and I'd happily go. Walk over to Zesto's for a burger and shake before the game, or hit Goodnights for pizza. Whoever tries to pull this off downtown has a lot of work to do with "in game" promotions, because the GRSC put every promotion they can think of into each game in the stadium. But outside the stadium for an evening, well, the 'Trade has proven to be a huge success.

Blog: http://huskermike.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  9:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The area around McStadium has proven to be a fun area if you get enough people down there. However, I don't think that you'll get enough people in the ballpark to make it a good experience. When you don't have the buzz of 25,000 CWS fans filling those stands, McStadium has about as much flavor as a day old double cheeseburger.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  08:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was driving home from a party in Sarpy County right about the time the fireworks were letting out of Werner around 10:30 or so on Saturday night.

Tons of people at that game and even more hanging out around the stadium.

Tons

PS - Do agree that having shuttle parking at PSHS is pretty stupid. if you're going to build a ballpark in the middle of a giant cornfield with nothing around it for a 5 square mile area..you might want to take some of that space and prepare for more parking lots.

Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page

BIGHUSKERMAV
Senior Mav

1631 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  4:06:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One observation I can make about the parking at Werner - there is usually a line to get into the paid parking. If you keep driving and go to the free lot, you will probably get parked and walk into the stadium before some of the people paying $2/$5 even get parked.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that people aren't aware there is free parking.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  09:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MECA wants 125 AMERICAN DOLLARS for a "premium seat" for the Journey concert at Dead Sky.

Read that again.

$125 PER SEAT and Steve Perry will be sitting at his house in San Francisco.

These men should be brought up on criminal charges for what they've done to this city.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  12:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What are the range of prices? Also is it one ticket for all the days events or can you just get cheaper tickets to the smaller stage acts?

MECA had a big ad last week in the OWH and no prices.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  12:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you buy tickets in a block of 4, they are as cheap as $23 a piece for Journey, including Ticketmaster fees.

Most of them seem to be between $15 and $75.

That's only for Journey. The stadium shows are individual tickets. To get into the parking lots for the other stages, I think it's $10 a day, though there are multi-day deals available as well.

Go to Top of Page

brad
Senior Mav

USA
1141 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  1:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Place shure went to heck fast...

Omaha Photos and more @ www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
GO MAVS!!!
Go to Top of Page

MavBridget
The Girl Wonder

France
6424 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  2:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great photo, Brad... Sad to see it going slowly to pot... when do the wrecking balls arrive?
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  3:57:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they said it might be another year from now or even longer before the place is demolished. I don't even want to think about what the place will look like next summer if it's still there.

Now, as to the Red Sky stuff. I don't see an issue there. I personally loathe 90% of the lineup they have. I won't be attending a single day. It's not for me; but the prices overall are very reasonable. Maybe there are some VIP seats, but that happens with most tours and often that is pushed more by the artist than the venue. It's not like you won't be able to get in to see Journey for less than $125. I just can't blame MECA or the city of Omaha for the Journey prices.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2011 :  4:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's funny that the sod they put down on the infield last September for football is now the best looking part of the field. During football season, it was the worst part of the field.

Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  08:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many people are going to drop 125 bucks on Journey...get there and then go..."Who the f*ck is this guy singing?"

Brutal
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  12:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Buyer beware. Again, that's not MECA's or the city's fault. If you're dumb enough to plunk down $125 thinking Steve Perry is going to be there, well then that's your own problem. Kinda one of those sucker born every minute sorts of things.

I'm sure you'd be surprised how many people would pay $125 to see the remnants of Journey play. It takes all kinds. I wouldn't pay a dime, myself, but that's me.

Like I mentioned yesterday, the ticket prices are agreed upon by the artist and the facility. It's not just MECA saying, "We want to charge $125 for these seats to gouge the people of Omaha." The artist has a huge hand in setting those prices either through their own request or the guarantee they are demanding from the promoter/facility to play in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  12:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine there are many of the $125 seats. I hope this does well and grows. We've never had anything like this here before and it's a good use of McStadium.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

CaseyMav

Botswana
2337 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  5:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AJMav

How many people are going to drop 125 bucks on Journey...get there and then go..."Who the f*ck is this guy singing?"

Brutal

If they don't look too close, they might think it's Steve Perry. The new guy does a pretty good imitation of him.

---
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2011 :  9:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg S

I can't imagine there are many of the $125 seats. I hope this does well and grows. We've never had anything like this here before and it's a good use of McStadium.

Greg

I imagine the $125 tickets include extra amenities. Anybody spending that kind of dough probably knows what they are getting.

Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  08:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Palladia shows a full length Journey concert from time to time, and the little dude from the Phillppines does sound like (and look like I'm sure from a distance) Steve Perry.

Still not the same though.
Go to Top of Page

brad
Senior Mav

USA
1141 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  09:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We only paid $50 for club level seats and I heard they are now selling some seats for only $25 in the lower level. I am excited to see the concert on Monday, it will be my first stadium concert. All the other outdoor concerts I have seen have either been in parks or amphitheaters.

Omaha Photos and more @ www.bradwilliamsphotography.com
www.facebook.com/bradwilliamsphotography
GO MAVS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  10:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by West O Mike

quote:
Originally posted by Greg S

Greg

I imagine the $125 tickets include extra amenities. Anybody spending that kind of dough probably knows what they are getting.

That was my thought as well.

Greg

Go to Top of Page

jonesy498
Junior Mav

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2011 :  1:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can get 6 tickets to Journey for $96 through 96.1 the brew.

Sec. 213 row A seats 11, 12
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a hot, hot week to have this festival.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously, this will do better as the day/week goes on, but it just sounds incredibly funny that the opening band played today with about 7-12 people watching.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110718/NEWS/110719605#red-sky-opens-under-hot-sun
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll take the easist prediction in the history of the world for $1000 Alex....

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Red_Sky_Off_To_A_Hot_Slow_Start_125762618.html
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet they'll blame it all on the heat if this underperforms, but it's a combination of heat, weak lineup, and bad economy, IMO.
Go to Top of Page

AJMav
Minister of Anger

Iran
4503 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  2:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Part of this whole thing being doomed to suck is just that: You can't have a parking lot festival in July. This is especially so when you lowball your fans on the talent you are bringing in.

Personally, I have no idea it got hot in July. Have to check with Roger, but must have been some freak thing in the changing climate.

PS - This is exactly why Hoop-it-up died.
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  8:46:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow. just wow.

http://odc.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=5002&p=2705

I don't even know what else to say right now. A picture truly is worth a thousand words.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  9:48:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking to a music person, this looks funny but it's what was to be expected for these early shows. Even on weekends, local festivals draw this type of crowd to the opening acts.

I know that by 4:30, there were several hundred fans at the shows.

Personally, I would have suggested that they move the B and C stages into the Qwest Center and the air conditioning, with the ridiculous heat this week.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 107 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2017 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000