Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 107

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  08:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg S

There is still going to be free parking as far as I know at the Chasers games. I believe it was announced as a tiered parking system.

Greg

yes, like I mentioned they said they'd have 200 spots free. Most spots are $2 and "VIP Parking" is $5.

People can call the Chasers hypocrites if they want. I don't see it that way. I know they complained about parking with MECA, but if people can't see the difference between $8 surface and $12 gargage parking that they get absolutely no cut of and $0,$2,& $5 parking that they control, I don't know what to say.
Go to Top of Page

MetroFan
Freshman Mav

212 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  3:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
per Chasers - approx 1,800 spots. Of them, 1/4 are free, 1/2 are $2 and 1/4 are $5 vip
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  09:35:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a long wait till the wrecking ball hits Rosenblatt it sounds like...

quote:
Dennis Pate, director and CEO of the zoo, said there is no rush to tear down the stadium. The zoo will take over ownership in June.

Pate said he's just happy, for now, not to have to share parking with College World Series and Royals fans in spring and summer.

He doesn't see the stadium coming down until late next year. Most of the stadium's furnishings seats, scoreboard, press box are untouched. The zoo will inventory what's there, and eventually Rosenblatt fans will be able to buy some of it in a sale or auction.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110331/NEWS01/703319879/0#zoo-set-to-unveil-makeover
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kind of hate to just see it sitting there empty...

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  12:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid it's going to be like Ak-Sar-Ben and be there longer than anyone anticipated. What if a year is optimistic and it sits there 2-3 years like a crumbling, rusting shell?
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  10:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so, unless they are having problems with the website, ticketmaster says the 4/19 NU vs. CU game is down to GA tickets. Very impressive.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I think the first game is going to be a very big deal. Also anytime NU comes to town they will at least have decent crowds there.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm slightly inclined to believe that they are having issues with is onsale though. I logged in at 10:02 AM and all that was left was GA. Did CU really sell that many season ticket packages that every reserved seat was sold out by 10:02 AM? Also, where is the GA for this game? Creighton and Tickemaster, neither one have a seating chart available for the stadium. bad customer service on that one.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there's probably been a presale. I imagine donors for CU, plus season ticket holders and also those involved in the building of the stadium probably have already purchased a bunch of tix.

Don't worry there will be PLENTY of available tickets for CU games going forward....

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah. you are probably right. I'm not a CU fan. I'm a NU fan and have always bought tickets to the games at Rosenblatt. I figured this one would be crazy, but this is really crazy. Good for them. Although, I think alot of tickets are going to be for sale from scalpers. Even though it's the opening, I'm not sure there is really this level of demand for an April game between those two teams. Maybe I'm wrong.

STill, crazy that between CU and Ticketmaster there's no seating chart anywhere. I just bought GA tickets and have no idea what that means.
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  12:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hearing rumors that every ticket for that game is GA because MECA and CU couldn't get the seating chart finalized in time. All 3rd hand rumors I'm hearing right now, but if that's true, that's full of fail from MECA. wow.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  2:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Creighton says it's sold out.

http://twitter.com/#!/gocreighton/status/54972497623388160

Blog: http://huskermike.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  2:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nousefouraname

yeah. you are probably right. I'm not a CU fan. I'm a NU fan and have always bought tickets to the games at Rosenblatt. I figured this one would be crazy, but this is really crazy. Good for them. Although, I think alot of tickets are going to be for sale from scalpers. Even though it's the opening, I'm not sure there is really this level of demand for an April game between those two teams. Maybe I'm wrong.

STill, crazy that between CU and Ticketmaster there's no seating chart anywhere. I just bought GA tickets and have no idea what that means.

First game at TD Ameritrade park. What did you expect?

Mike'l Severe on KOZN-1620 gave the explanation. MECA claimed 8000 to give out to construction workers and their business partners. Then Creighton had a pre-sale to faculty and staff.

Since a lot of these tickets are being given away by MECA, tickets will be available on the open market. But it'll likely be a huge crowd depending on the weather. If it's like Saturday night, it could top 20k in attendance. If it's like last night, well, we'll see.

GA is probably outfield bleachers or the third level bleachers in the upper deck.

Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  2:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
still seems messed up that they didn't a. tell people that only GA's would be available on the public on sale date. Would have eliminated some confusion and b. don't indicate anywhere what sections are GA.
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  2:42:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just consider yourself lucky that Creighton allowed the public to buy tickets this time. Usually when they have hot tickets like this available, Creighton usually goes back to their fan base so they don't have to deal with the rest of the world.

Go to Top of Page

Bigredmed
Senior Mav

1574 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  3:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by West O Mike

Just consider yourself lucky that Creighton allowed the public to buy tickets this time. Usually when they have hot tickets like this available, Creighton usually goes back to their fan base so they don't have to deal with the rest of the world.

What about NU? They get any blocks of tickets to sell to their fans?
If the stadium can hold 25K, and MECA claimed 8k, that leaves 17K for both schools. Hope UNL gets more than a few hundred.

I guess I feel that unless CU is dropping major cash (ie: operations and mortgage payments for the week, per game) for their dates at the TDA park, then the tickets should be set up so that regular people who are paying for the park can at least have a realistic chance of buying one.

Go to Top of Page

cubsfan62395
Freshman Mav

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  8:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bigredmed

quote:
Originally posted by West O Mike

What about NU? They get any blocks of tickets to sell to their fans?
If the stadium can hold 25K, and MECA claimed 8k, that leaves 17K for both schools. Hope UNL gets more than a few hundred.

I guess I feel that unless CU is dropping major cash (ie: operations and mortgage payments for the week, per game) for their dates at the TDA park, then the tickets should be set up so that regular people who are paying for the park can at least have a realistic chance of buying one.

Typically the April game is considered a Creighton "home" game, and the May game is the "Neutral" site game of the three game series. Having said that, I don't believe the Nebraska Athletic Department gets many more than a couple hundered tickets to the April game.
Go to Top of Page

MetroFan
Freshman Mav

212 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Creighton is giving away tickets faster than you can print them. When selling regular priced $8 and $10 tickets discounted to $3 and $4 for all games. I hope it works for them, but the early going is interesting that so many tickets ae being given away. Here is to NU winning some baseball games to help Creighton draw.
Go to Top of Page

MetroFan
Freshman Mav

212 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  11:29:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.omaha.com/article/20110404/SPORTS/704049827/1009

Article above on sell out. Word I have is that TD bought the majority at a very deep discount to ensure a sell out unlike what happened to the TD sponsored HR Derby at Rosenblatt last year that was televised. Good to see them step up, but would have been nice to see what would have happened if general public was buing.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  11:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if they could have got the tickets out for sale sooner they still would have sold out. With them getting the tickets out this late in the game, it's good that TD stepped up. I'm getting my through a friend that helped design the stadium so I know a lot went that way.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  12:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure this won't be popular, but I'm going to say it anyway. Am I the only one that sees a problem with MECA and the construction people patting themselves on the back by taking up 1/3 of the seats for the opening event? Sure, they got the thing built, but they were all paid for their time and efforts. This wasn't a charity effort by either of these parties. Just looks like everybody involved taking a kickback for themselves and keeping the general public out of the building. Seems par for the course with these buildings downtown. If the construction workers want a ticket, let them buy one.

Trust me, if the revenue projections are off on this one, it won't be MECA or the construction crews making up the difference. It won't be the NCAA either. It will be the taxpayers.

Maybe this is standard practice in that industry. I don't know. I know they had a private event at the Qwest before it opened and I've heard they have a private event at TD Ameritrade as well, but handing out tickets like candy for the first event before the general public even has a shot seems shady.
Go to Top of Page

Bigredmed
Senior Mav

1574 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  2:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree. Shady, it seems. Definitely doesn't pass the smell test. The field is not being paid for by Creighton, they are paying rent, and I am sure they got a sweetheart deal on it. The bills are being paid for by us. No ticket should get sold (and I mean no ticket) without there being a GA ticket available some reasonable way so that the general public who is paying for this thing can get in if they want to buy a ticket.

Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  3:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, if this was really about wanting to make a good gesture to the workers that helped make the place possible, give them a gift certificate for ticketmaster that could be used for any game at TD Ameritrade Park (outside of the CWS). Then, they could pick the game that they wanted to go to but would have to get in line with everyone else to buy their seats. That's how it should be.

Color me a little skeptical on the need for MECA to hold out 8,000 tickets for these purposes. I have the gut feeling that they are emphasizing the "construction workers" part of their press release to avoid a public backlash, but the bulk of that 8k is going to politicos and big money corporate types. Just my guess. How many people worked on this project? I don't know anything about construction, but if you were giving every worker, donor, and MECA employee two seats to that first game, would that really add up to 4,000 people?

Maybe it would. I'd have no way of knowing, but the fact that such a huge number of tickets were taken out, it opens this whole process up to a healthy dose of WTF?
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  3:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Didn't they do the same thing when Qwest opened?
Go to Top of Page

nousefouraname
All-Star Mav

2307 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  4:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The opening event at the Qwest Center was a private event. It was a concert. Forget who it was. Grand Funk or some other oldies band maybe? I don't believe any tickets were ever put on sale for that event. I could be wrong.

I do believe the official opening of QCO was RCR in 2003. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure on this, just going off of my memory.

There's a difference between having a private concert for workers and donors to celebrate the completion of the project and taking an event that is normally sold to the public, an event that people have bought tickets for for years and making it an almost private event and leaving nothing but scraps for the general public.
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  4:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unofficial or official I just remember the general public was not in there for the first event. Maybe they should just say this if unofficial, then the 2nd game could be declared the official opening? :)

Like I said, after this first game you will have no trouble at all getting tickets for baseball. If you catch a mid week game between Creighton and of their fellow mid major conference opponents you will have 23,000 seats or so to just from. Even when Nebraska returns in that size of a stadium there will be plenty of seats to chose from.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

buetane
All-Star Mav

Iceland
2568 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  4:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't the joint hold about 25k? So there should be about 17k left after their little giveaway? Does anybody even know what seats they gave away?
Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  5:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know how much they gave away. My understanding is that for the seats I got, they weren't given my friend just had an opportunity to buy them. Also sounds like TD paid for theirs but if they did not, with the money they put into the rights fees I don't think we could complain.

Greg
Go to Top of Page

West O Mike
All-Star Mav

Christmas Island
5308 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  9:13:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My understanding is that Creighton season ticketholders got their seats first. That's probably 500-1,000 at the most. Then the MECA Suiteholders and club seatholders. My guess is that this is a shade over 1,000. MECA claimed 8k, and Nebraska as the visiting school got a few. My guess that's about 10k total at that point.

TD Ameritrade grabbed a bunch, and then they turned it over to the Creighton basketball ticketholders. My guess is that by then, the ticket sales were probably pushing 18k-20k.

The upper grandstand seats are still being set up, and I'm betting that those seats are being held back pending approval from the fire marshal. So I wouldn't be surprised if there were only 2k-4k available yesterday.

If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised if 2k to 3k seats are available for sale on game day if they get approval from the fire marshall.

Go to Top of Page

Greg S
All-Star Mav

4101 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2011 :  3:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good turnout for their family fest today. Could not have asked for better weather:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110406/NEWS01/110409862
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 107 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MP Message Board © 2000-2017 MavPuck.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000